This African art form is known as Shona sculpture because it is hand-carved by the Shona people of Zimbabwe. The Shona people have been hand sculpting stone into works of art for nearly a thousand years. Even though the craft is ancient, the style has continually evolved and the carvings created today are both beautiful and elegant. The contemporary, yet eternal, shape of these sculptures brings splendor to the home and compliments any decor. The themes these sculptures portray represent esteemed values in the Shona culture of family, love, life, and nature.
- Approximately 7" H x 3.5" W x 10.11" L
- Approximate Weight 9.15lbs
- Hand Made in Zimbabwe.
This beautiful work of art was purchased directly from the Shona artists in Zimbabwe. We source our handmade Shona products through a small family-run supplier in Harare who has been working with and supporting these talented artists for over 10 years. Your purchases of these products help provide stable employment and basic needs for many dependents at a time when unemployment and inflation in Zimbabwe are at unimaginable levels.
Our handmade products are Fair Trade with the artists either working for themselves or working in co-operatives. The items purchased from our Shona artists support the indigenous tribes of Zimbabwe. We believe that it is now more important than ever to keep supporting these artists during these increasingly difficult times as the ability of these artists to support their families depends on our purchases.
The product(s) you receive might vary slightly from the product picture due to the nature of your product(s) being 100% handmade.
The beauty of imperfections:
- Please understand that all the African artwork in our store is handmade, and handmade items, by nature, have imperfections. Although our artists are thorough, there are inconsistencies based on the creative nature, each item will look a little different from the next.
- Our items have natural and unique imperfections. Our items are handmade and produced in Africa and the creation process is genuine and full of love and care.
- Any item you purchase is one of a kind. There are no two items in our store that are exactly the same. Even if the art piece is handmade by the same artist or stone lot, the unique patterning of colors will always make each item beautifully different.
- Our sculptures are sold As Is.