Wicker Basket Hand Woven In Zimbabwe
This Wicker Basket is handcrafted by the Shona artisans in Zimbabwe. The Wicker basket is of the highest quality and is finished off with traditional Zimbabwean weave patterns. This woven basket has been crafted by Shona women. The Shona women use their talents that have been passed down from generation to generation to make these baskets using various/different grasses and reeds. Some grasses get stained to a color choice but in most cases the natural color of the grass is used.
- Ethically & sustainably handcrafted
- Measures Approximately 7" D X 5.5 H
- Handmade in Zimbabwe, Southern Africa
YOUR PURCHASE MAKES A DIFFERENCE
This beautiful work of art was purchased directly from the Shona artists in Zimbabwe. We source our handmade Shona products through a small family-run supplier in Harare who has been working with and supporting these talented artists for over 10 years. Your purchases of these products help provide stable employment and basic needs for many dependents at a time when unemployment and inflation in Zimbabwe are at unimaginable levels.
All our African products are Fair Trade with the artists either working for themselves or working in co-operatives. The items purchased from our Shona artists support the indigenous tribes of Zimbabwe. We believe that it is now more important than ever to keep supporting these artists during these increasingly difficult times as the ability of these artists to support their families depends on our purchases.
- Approximately 7" W X 5.5 H
- Hand-crafted item - color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Hand Made in Zimbabwe
The product(s) you receive might vary slightly from the product picture due to the nature of your product(s) being 100% handmade.
The beauty of imperfections:
- Please understand that all the African artwork in our store is handmade, and handmade items, by nature, have imperfections. Although our artists are thorough, there are inconsistencies based on the creative nature, each item will look a little different from the next.
- Our items have natural and unique imperfections. Our items are handmade and produced in Africa and the creation process is genuine and full of love and care.
- Any item you purchase is one of a kind. There are no two items in our store that are exactly the same. Even if the art piece is handmade by the same artist or stone lot, the unique patterning of colors will always make each item beautifully different.
- Our sculptures are sold As Is.